Sunday, September 6, 2009

Birdhouses...

Have you ever looked around and checked out  how many varieties of birdhouses there are?  little ones, big ones, one story, two story, multi door, one door, one perch, multiple perches......colors...wow! Who knew how many colors could attract a bird? Even those ole coconuts laying around make birdhouses......I bought one in Hawaii once, who knew then I'd live in Florida where there's coconuts everywhere? 
I used to have so many little wooden birdhouses, some in the shape of lighthouses, some like fishing shacks, some like condo's and the list goes on.......since moving to Florida, my house is smaller, and I took them outside to decorate around the pool...over the years, this Florida rain and humidity caused them to disintegrate, so year by year, they're tossed in the trash........just yesterday, Guy and I were straightening up the patio and noticed the birdhouses left out there are beginning to rot...this Birdhouse project is making me re-evaluate what to do with my little two story birdhouse I have staring at me to finish.......I better hurry and get started on it, if I plan on having it ready by the 19th of Sept. I hope the Birds like it..........do we even make them for birds, or for one another???  it's a form of art, unless you have the clean out at the bottom and you build them for the bird's benefit! And then, I guess, it's still a form of art, but it's also providing a healthy home for our feathered friends......either way, enjoy your project making.......I look forward to seeing everyone's version!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Port St. Lucie, Treasure Coast/Florida, United States
We are a group of women formed from a local chapter of Farm Connection of www.maryjanesfarm.org on the Treasure Coast of Florida. The intention of this blog is inform the group of upcoming dates and activities and shared thoughts of everyone.......True kindred Spirits that have made their way to the group in one way or another: Monica Rose Ali Roxana Briana Ana Diana Debora Lily Traci Rachel Brenda Philipa Evelyn Sandra Mariela

Mary Jane's Ideabook.Cookbook.Lifebook

  • Flower Power
  • Square Foot Gardening
  • The Pleasure of Herbs

Search This Blog